I’m so happy I was nominated for this award by Nagina @ Oh Bookish. Thank you so much, I was having a bad day until I saw my nomination for this. So here is how it goes:
- Link back -and obviously thank- the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions they give you.
- Tag up to 11 other bloggers who have -less than- 200 followers.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions and let them know you tagged them.
The 11 questions I’ve answered:
- Favorite book to movie adaption?
Lord of the Rings. HANDS DOWN. I think this is my all-time favorite movie/book trilogy. It was -together with Harry Potter- my first real introduction to fantasy when I was younger and I have watched those movies like 20 times.
- What’s one book you think everyone should read, and why?
Oh, there are so many. Aside from Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings, I’d probably go with… Okay, I’ll choose two! First of all, Written in Red by Anne Bishop. I can’t tell you how much I love that series. And secondly, The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller. I read it this year and it honestly blew me away.
- What/who got you into reading?
I don’t really remember. I remember loving these books I had when I was a kid about Aladdin and such. And my mom once got me these precious little picture books about a hamster and I loved them. I’ll insert a picture here. It’s in Dutch, but they are so sweet and adorable. So I guess I’d say my mom!
- Favorite TV shows?
Another one of these difficult questions. Here goes -a part of- the list: Criminal Minds, Supernatural, The Flash, Stalker, Arrow, Scorpion. I could basically go on forever!
- Ebooks or physical books?
I have a lot more ebooks than I do physical books. I don’t have the space -nor the money- to buy the amount of books I read in physical copy and since I live in Belgium, libraries don’t have much in English and Amazon’s & Bookoutlet’s shipping costs are way too high.
- Who is your favorite fictional villain?
Hmm. It’s hard to decide. Maybe Umbridge? Or Voldemort. Although I kind of hate Umbridge more. Or Sauron!
- Describe your perfect reading setting.
I didn’t know exactly what was meant by this question but I’m going to go with the space I’d love to have in my house one day to read! Ideally, I’d want a place like this.
In reality, I usually read in my bed.
(If this was not the question you had in mind, I am so sorry)
- Have you ever been to a music concert?
Yes, I have! I’ve been to a Lady Gaga concert years ago, went to Rock Werchter in 2013, saw Beyonce last year and in March of 2015 I’ll be going to The Script!
- Is there a book you hated that everyone else loved?
The Great Gatsby!
- Do you judge books by their covers?
I honestly try not to, but sometimes it’s so hard. Like incredible fantasy novels that have such ugly covers. Or new adult books -which I love- often have covers that make me ashamed to read it in a public place.
- Which book character would you like to be friends with?
I’m going to cheat a bit and answer with two characters: Fred and George. What a friendship that would be.
- Across the Words
- One Year of Books
- Paper Daydreams
- My Reading Dress
- For the Love of Words
Some disclaimers for you: If you have more than 200 followers and I tagged you, I must have overlooked it. I’m sure no one will mind though! If you don’t want to do this award/tag, you are in NO way obliged!
11 questions for you
- What is your favorite genre?
- Who is your most-read author?
- If you could ever visit a fictional world, which one would it be?
- Do you buy your books mostly online or mostly in bookshops?
- If you could recommend someone 5 books, which ones would it be?
- Do you prefer reading ebooks or physical copies?
- Do you have a bookish pet peeve? It could be something you or others do while reading, or something in the actual stories.
- What is your favorite movie?
- A character that you love to hate?
- Is there a book you disliked that everyone else seems to love?
- Do you have a book/series that you really want to read, but for some reason just haven’t?