Before I say anything else, let me start off by saying that I am NOT sponsored by Scribd to write this post. You all know that I stay 100% honest in everything on this blog. Always. But I wanted to let you know about this amazing service I’ve been using for 2 months now -so I have given it a good try.
So, Scridb. What is it? It’s an online subscription service. You pay $8.95 a month, which gives you access to their amazing collection of books.
Once you login, this is the homescreen. As you see, you can browse through the books on the top left and access your personal library on the top right. It even recommends books to you, once you start reading and rating others.
This screenshot here shows you part of the “browsing” section. As you can see, you can either browse ebooks or audiobooks. Once you’ve made that decision, there are SO MANY genres to choose from! I really love the selection they have.
As you can see, you can also choose to make your own collections. I have made 5: Read –for ones I’ve read obviously– Priority –the ones I want to read asap– Favorites –some of my favorite books– To-read –books I want to read– and Audiobooks –audiobooks I want to listen to.
It’s so easy and useful to create your own collections! As you can see, I’m not lacking in books I want to read. At first, I was unsure whether the website would have any of the books I actually want to read. But I was so surprised! It has many hyped up books, very popular ones! So now, my to-read collection has grown to 451 books, and my audiobooks one to 226 books. WHEN WILL I READ ALL OF THEM?
So, because I don’t want this post to be a million miles long, I will just sum up the reasons I love Scribd here:
- You can get a 2 month free trial, to see if you would actually like the service -more on that later.
- It’s international! I can’t tell you how many services I can’t use because I am not based in the U.S. Here, it doesn’t matter.
- The selection. SO MANY BOOKS I WANT TO READ
- There is no limit on how much you can read/listen to. You don’t have to pay extra if you listen to more than 1 audiobook per month. No extra fee. Just the monthly $8.99.
- It has an Android & iOS app as well, so you can easily take your book collection with you on the go.
- You can store some books/audiobooks on your device, so you can access them even if you don’t have an internet connection at that moment.
- There is something for everyone. Do you love romance books? Or fantasy? Or non-fiction? It’s got it all.
The only downside I have discovered so far? You have to pay the monthly fee.
If this sounds like something you’re interested in, you can use this link here to check it out. With this link, you can create an account and use the service for free for 2 months. Not going to lie, if you do so, I will get a month free too. I am not obliging you to use this though! If you want to check it out anyway without using my link, you can also just google it.