I was tagged for the One Lovely Blog Award by Kaja from Of Dragons and Hearts. I absolutely love this woman’s blog, so if you haven’t checked it out or aren’t following her, please go over to her blog!
So, I should list 7 personal facts about myself, then tag a few blogs and let them know they are tagged for this award. Here it goes.
- I really want to following a cooking course/training. I really love to cook. When I have the time, I adore making some of my favorites or trying out new recipes. I’ve always wanted to follow an official course to get even better.
- I hate the smell of artificial vanilla. You know that artificial scent? In cars, in buses, even perfumes and candles. I can’t stand it. In fact, it makes me so nauseous I feel like I have to throw up.
- I feel more confident speaking English than Dutch, my native language. I’ve been speaking English every day now for years, and it just feels so natural to me. I feel like it’s so easy to express yourself in English!
- Aside from books, I love to invest in skincare. In the past year, skincare has become so important to me. I’m 21 years old, and grateful that I’m educating myself on it now. I want beautiful skin until I’m old and wrinkly. Caroline Hirons is my hero.
- I cry every time I watch the ending of The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. Every single time. Everyone always laughs at me for crying at LotR, but honestly, the ending is so bittersweet.
- I sang in a youth choir/group for 7 to 8 years. From the age of 7 until 14-15, I was part of a youth choir. It was so much fun, really. I since stopped singing, and have lost most of my ability to do so. If you don’t train your voice, especially around your adolescent years, you lose a lot of your range and ability.
- I love tomato sauce, tomato soup, salsa and so on but I despise the taste of raw tomatoes. I just can’t deal with chewing a raw tomato! In my favorite burger-restaurant in Brussels, I always ask to remove the tomato and pickles (hate pickles too). They always remove the tomato, but aren’t allowed to remove the pickles. Huh? What if I was allergic? Still don’t understand.
Those are 7 personal facts about me! I hope they weren’t too boring… Thank you so much Kaja for tagging me. I am hereby tagging Alicia, the women of Biblio Sanctum, Kyra, Paloma and Grace.
I’m so happy I was nominated for this award by Nagina @ Oh Bookish. Thank you so much, I was having a bad day until I saw my nomination for this. So here is how it goes:
- Link back -and obviously thank- the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions they give you.
- Tag up to 11 other bloggers who have -less than- 200 followers.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions and let them know you tagged them.
The 11 questions I’ve answered:
- Favorite book to movie adaption?
Lord of the Rings. HANDS DOWN. I think this is my all-time favorite movie/book trilogy. It was -together with Harry Potter- my first real introduction to fantasy when I was younger and I have watched those movies like 20 times.
- What’s one book you think everyone should read, and why?
Oh, there are so many. Aside from Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings, I’d probably go with… Okay, I’ll choose two! First of all, Written in Red by Anne Bishop. I can’t tell you how much I love that series. And secondly, The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller. I read it this year and it honestly blew me away.
- What/who got you into reading?
I don’t really remember. I remember loving these books I had when I was a kid about Aladdin and such. And my mom once got me these precious little picture books about a hamster and I loved them. I’ll insert a picture here. It’s in Dutch, but they are so sweet and adorable. So I guess I’d say my mom!
- Favorite TV shows?
Another one of these difficult questions. Here goes -a part of- the list: Criminal Minds, Supernatural, The Flash, Stalker, Arrow, Scorpion. I could basically go on forever!
- Ebooks or physical books?
I have a lot more ebooks than I do physical books. I don’t have the space -nor the money- to buy the amount of books I read in physical copy and since I live in Belgium, libraries don’t have much in English and Amazon’s & Bookoutlet’s shipping costs are way too high.
- Who is your favorite fictional villain?
Hmm. It’s hard to decide. Maybe Umbridge? Or Voldemort. Although I kind of hate Umbridge more. Or Sauron!
- Describe your perfect reading setting.
I didn’t know exactly what was meant by this question but I’m going to go with the space I’d love to have in my house one day to read! Ideally, I’d want a place like this.
In reality, I usually read in my bed.
(If this was not the question you had in mind, I am so sorry)
- Have you ever been to a music concert?
Yes, I have! I’ve been to a Lady Gaga concert years ago, went to Rock Werchter in 2013, saw Beyonce last year and in March of 2015 I’ll be going to The Script!
- Is there a book you hated that everyone else loved?
The Great Gatsby!
- Do you judge books by their covers?
I honestly try not to, but sometimes it’s so hard. Like incredible fantasy novels that have such ugly covers. Or new adult books -which I love- often have covers that make me ashamed to read it in a public place.
- Which book character would you like to be friends with?
I’m going to cheat a bit and answer with two characters: Fred and George. What a friendship that would be.
- Across the Words
- One Year of Books
- Paper Daydreams
- My Reading Dress
- For the Love of Words
Some disclaimers for you: If you have more than 200 followers and I tagged you, I must have overlooked it. I’m sure no one will mind though! If you don’t want to do this award/tag, you are in NO way obliged!
11 questions for you
- What is your favorite genre?
- Who is your most-read author?
- If you could ever visit a fictional world, which one would it be?
- Do you buy your books mostly online or mostly in bookshops?
- If you could recommend someone 5 books, which ones would it be?
- Do you prefer reading ebooks or physical copies?
- Do you have a bookish pet peeve? It could be something you or others do while reading, or something in the actual stories.
- What is your favorite movie?
- A character that you love to hate?
- Is there a book you disliked that everyone else seems to love?
- Do you have a book/series that you really want to read, but for some reason just haven’t?
I’ve been nominated for the Jolly Blogger Award by Brin -thank you Brin! The past few years -ever since I started university- Christmas hasn’t been as cheerful as before since I actually have to study almost the entire time. But this tag did make me smile! I won’t be tagging or nominating anyone else, because the holidays are practically over 🙂
So here are the questions Brin asked me!
- What is on your Christmas wish list?
Actually, my parents and family tend to ask me beforehand so they will know for sure that I like the gifts. I got some pretty amazing tea varieties and two products from the Body Shop from my cousin and I asked my parents for some dumbbells, a fitness mat and a wax burner! 🙂
- What would be the perfect Christmas?
Spending the day with my family, eating and laughing and opening gifts!
- What’s your favorite winter makeup look?
I adore makeup and try out a lot of different looks. Right now, my daily routine consists of: BB cream or concealer, a light pink blush, bronzer, gel eyeliner -without a wing though-, mascara and either a very bold lipstick or a neutral pinkish one.
- Do you believe in Santa?
No, I haven’t for an extremely long time. According to my parents, I never really believed them when they told me about Santa. Apparently, I was a suspicious child!
- What is your favorite Christmas food or drink?
Oh, that’s a tough one. If I have to choose, I’d say tiramisu, because I always make it at Christmas time and LOVE it.
- Will you be traveling for Christmas, and if so, where?
I won’t be traveling! This year, the party will be at my parents home and since I am a university student, I do live at home during the holidays and weekends.
- With or without snow?
Right now, I think I’d prefer snow because until the 12th of January, I don’t really have to go anywhere. I have to spend my days studying inside so it doesn’t really matter to me. I do like that it’s still not freezing in Belgium, because I do not like the cold. AT ALL.
- Do you like eggnog?
To be honest, I have never tasted it. I don’t really think it’s a “thing” here in Belgium.
- What is your favorite winter clothing?
SCARVES. Although I wear them in the summer as well… But I love thick snoods that you can wrap around yourself in the winter.
- Do you leave Santa cookies?
No! We’d likely eat them ourselves if we would try.
- What was the best gift you’ve ever gotten?
In 2012, I got an ereader for Christmas from my parents! It’s probably one of the gifts I still use every day, after two years.
- What is your favorite Christmas memory?
Oh, this is really not an easy question! I guess I don’t really have one favorite memory, more a tradition we used to have that I really loved. We used to celebrate Christmas at my godmother’s house -my mom’s sister. Every year we would go there and after the first appetizers, we have soup. My godmother used to make this soup especially for me, because I loved it so much. It was this tomato soup, without chunks, that was rich, thick and creamy with little vermicelli inside and small meatballs. I LOVED IT. She would keep the leftovers in her pantry because it was really cold there. She’d always let me sneak into the pantry -although it wasn’t really sneaking because everyone knew- and take a cup to heat up. My godmother died a little over 4 years ago, so now we celebrate it at my parents’ house but I will never forget that tradition.
So those were the questions! As I said before, I won’t be tagging anyone else, but feel free to answer these questions yourself in the comments, I’d love to see your answers.